Dr. Heather Lee Farrell
I work with individuals around the world, in person and remotely in creating wellness, preventing and treating chronic health issues, guiding you in Lifestyle Medicine while building resilience of body and mind. I am re-imagining healthcare and wellness services to offer access to you from anywhere in the world. In addition, I will soon be offering you a membership-based virtual Transformative Healthcare Program (Interested? Let me know!)
I practice from an integrative holistic healthcare approach that weaves wellness modalities together. This allows me to offer personalized comprehensive healthcare that produces exceptional results, so you thrive in all areas of life!
Together, we turn around challenging wellness issues into a strategically designed health-promoting program. As a bonus, I also offer you some of the same innovative methods that I used to regain optimal health and wellness after about four years of full-time recovery, surgeries, and therapeutic work.
Read below about my wellness and healthcare knowledge and skill areas:
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine: Various forms of acupuncture. Chinese Herbalism, Oriental Medicine nutrition, acupressure, cupping, guasha, ear acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, osteo-manipulation, qigong, Feng shui, breath work, Shiatsu, Tuina, basic Ayurvedic training, and Ayurvedic Herbalism.
- Functional Medicine Practitioner: A whole system biology-based approach to determine the root cause of disease and health issues using laboratory testing, modern and traditional methods.
- Nutrition: Foods for specific health needs, Food as Medicine (Culinary Medicine) Meal Planning, Fasting, Cleansing protocols, Green Powders, Smoothies and tea concoctions, Optimal body weight: Weight loss and gain, Supplements & Nutraceuticals, Performance and Biohacking, optimal aging, Nutritional lab testing, and coaching.
- Laboratory Testing: Nutritional, Healthcare, Wellness and Metabolic via a local to you laboratory or home-based testing.
Lifestyle Medicine & Wellness Modalities
- Sleep Health & Wellness, Drug-free Pain and Discomfort Management, Creating Resilience, Home Wellness, Essential Oils, Botanical and Herbal Medicine, Light, Frequency and Bio-Magnetic Therapies (PEMF, Full-spectrum Infrared, Frequency-based light therapies), Cold thermogenesis, pulse oximetry, nootropics, heat training, adaptogens, heart rate variability.
Heath, Wellness and Life Coaching
- Mindset & Perspective coaching, Life Coaching, Health & Wellness Coaching, Nutrition Therapy Coaching, Resilient You program, challenge & transition, productivity protocols, Creating supportive and desired habits.
Yoga, Breath, and Movement
- Yoga: Trauma-informed, E-RYT 500 hr. teacher, General hatha yoga, Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Therapeutic, Restorative, Prenatal and Postnatal, Sun Salutations, 5-Tibetans, Yoga for Athletes, yoga in nature, Body positive yoga. Accessible Yoga Ambassador, iREST, community-based yoga programs
- Breathwork & Meditation: Breathwork& Meditation for Everyone, breath awareness, breathing for performance, breathing for calm & relaxation, breathwork and meditation for wellness, Vipassana Meditation
- Movement & Fitness: I use an innovative approach combining modalities resulting in effective, accessible programs: Natural movement, Functional fitness, Myofascial techniques via The Roll Model Method, Personal Trainer education, Optimal Body Capacity and Weight Loss.
Nature & Wilderness
- Forest Bathing: Forest & Nature Therapy, Outdoor Wellness, wilderness guiding, Coaching for outdoor activities and adventure, Meditation in Nature, Free Range Human Adventures
Relevant Past Experience and Community-based Work
- Community Yoga Albuquerque (founder), Acupuncturists Without Borders, Child Advocates, Inc, Dispute Resolution Center-Houston, Harris County Peer Meditation Program, Coordinator of Pending Guardianship Program in Harris County Social Services Department, Houston Independent School District, Bryan Independent School District
Current Community-based Support and Work:
- Memberships: Accessible Yoga, Friends of the Sandia Mountains, New Mexico Public Health Association, Albuquerque Wildlife Federation, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, American Public Health Association, American Long Distance Hiking Association, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Association of Forest and Nature Therapy, Outdoor Woman’s Alliance, Walk with a Doc, International Association of Yoga Therapists, Friends of the Earth, Team Yoga Girl and Global Tea Hut
- Supporter: The Earth (Thank you for holding my feet..), Anti-Racism Daily, CTZNWell, Burque Against Racism, Intersectional Environmentalism.com, Albuquerque Community Foundation, Continental Divide Trail Coalition, Color of Change, Trans Yoga Project, Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, SheJumps, The Wilderness Society, Body Positive Fitness, Yoga for All, The Art of Yoga Project, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Extinction Rebellion
Create Nourishing Healthy Sleep
Enter your name and email address to receive my top tips for creating nourishing healthy sleep.