Dr. Heather Lee Farrell
Create optimal outcomes for an exceptional life
I purposefully approach healthcare and wellness by melding together a wide range of skills in healthcare, lifestyle wellness, creative works, movement & stillness, and nature-based work.
I work with individuals around the world creating exceptional wellness while building resilience of body and mind
I believe that everything in our life matters and impacts our health. Thus, I practice healthcare through a focused integrative lens weaving lifestyle wellness modalities throughout. This allows me to offer personalized comprehensive healthcare with transformational coaching that produces the outcomes you want.
I employ evidence-based methods that work
I bring in the wellness of nature through Forest Bathing, guided wilderness excursions, and other practices in nature. I know that movement and stillness are truly their own form of medicine and offer you practical breathwork, natural movement, embodied mediation, and yoga practices tailored to work for you.
My wellness and healthcare education, knowledge and skill areas:
Healthcare Focus Areas
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine: Chinese Herbalism, Oriental Medicine nutrition, various acupuncture methods, acupressure, cupping, guasha, ear acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, osteo-manipulation, qigong, Feng shui, breath work, Shiatsu, Tuina, basic Ayurveda training, and Ayurvedic Herbalism.
- Medical Microneedling Partnered with Acupuncture: For body and skin trauma, care, and rejuvenation. I am certified in Medical Microneedling as well as being a licensed DOM that is skilled in acupuncture. Learn more about how Medical Microneedling paired with Acupuncture is an optimal treatment. I specialize in concierge, home-based treatments that use state-of-the-art equipment with the highest standards in sanitation and cleanliness. Please know that my appointments book out one to two months in advance and are available at specific time periods during the year.
- Functional Medicine Practitioner: A whole system biology-based approach to determine the root cause of disease and health issues using laboratory testing, modern and traditional methods. (The best of both worlds!)
- Nutrition & Food Medicine: Foods for specific health needs, Food as Medicine (Culinary Medicine) Meal Planning, Fasting Protocols, Cleansing protocols, Green Powders, Smoothies and Wellness Tea concoctions, Optimal body weight: loss and gain, Supplements & Nutraceuticals, Performance and Biohacking, Longevity and Optimal Aging, Nutritional lab testing, Nutritional Therapy, and Coaching.
- Laboratory Testing: Nutritional, Healthcare focused, Optimal Wellness focused testing via a local to you laboratory or home-based testing.
Lifestyle Medicine & Wellness
- Sleep Health & Wellness, Drug-free Pain and Discomfort Management, Home Wellness, Essential Oils, Botanical and Herbal Medicine, Light, Frequency and Bio-Magnetic Therapies (PEMF, Full-spectrum Infrared, Frequency-based light therapies), Cold thermogenesis, pulse oximetry, nootropics, heat training, adaptogens, heart rate variability, Creating Resilience through Wellness
Heath and Mindset Coaching
- Mindset & Perspective coaching, Health & Wellness Coaching, Nutrition Therapy Coaching, Challenge & Transition, Productivity protocols, Creating Supportive Habits, Crafting and Designing your Envisioned Life (dream life coaching).
Yoga, Breath, and Movement
- Yoga: All forms of yoga that I guide are Trauma-informed, Somatic, and Embodied. E-RYT 500 hr. teacher with 25-years experience, General Hatha yoga, Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Therapeutic, Restorative, Prenatal and Postnatal, Sun Salutations, 5 Tibetan Rites, Yoga for Athletes, yoga in nature, Body positive yoga. Accessible Yoga Ambassador, iREST, community-based yoga programs
- Breathwork & Meditation: Breathwork& Meditation: Embodied and Somatic, breath awareness, breathing for performance, breathing for calm & relaxation, breathwork, and meditation for wellness, Vipassana Meditation
- Movement & Fitness: I use an innovative approach combining modalities resulting in effective, accessible programs: Natural movement, Somatic Movement, Functional fitness and training Education, Myofascial techniques via The Roll Model Method, Optimal Body Capacity (weight loss or weight gain).
Nature & Wilderness
- Forest Bathing: Forest & Nature Therapy, Outdoor Wellness, wilderness guiding, Walking and Trekking, Wellness and Mindset Coaching for outdoor activities and adventure, Meditation in Nature, Free Range Human Adventures(founder)
- Writing, Artwork, Poetry, Walking into Wild (book), Today, I Begin Again (book), Creativity and Healing
Relevant Past Experience and Community-based Work
- Community Yoga Albuquerque (founder), Child Advocates, Inc, Dispute Resolution Center, Harris County, Harris County Peer Mediation Program, Coordinator of Pending Guardianship Program in Harris County Social Services Department, Houston Independent School District, Bryan Independent School District, Acupuncturists Without Borders, Dwyer Avenue Center (a transitional living center for homeless families), High Desert Yoga teacher and studio director.
Current Memberships and Community-based Support:
- Memberships: Accessible Yoga, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Friends of the Sandia Mountains, Association of Forest and Nature Therapy, New Mexico Public Health Association, Albuquerque Wildlife Federation, Yoga Service Council, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, American Public Health Association, American Long Distance Hiking Association, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Outdoor Woman’s Alliance, Walk with a Doc, International Association of Yoga Therapists, Friends of the Earth, Team Yoga Girl and Global Tea Hut
- Supporter: The Earth, Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, The Wilderness Society, Anti-Racism Daily, CTZNWell, Burque Against Racism, Intersectional Environmentalism.com, Albuquerque Community Foundation, Continental Divide Trail Coalition, Color of Change, Trans Yoga Project, SheJumps, Body Positive Fitness, Yoga for All, The Art of Yoga Project, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Extinction Rebellion
Get My Weekly Newsletter