Dr. Heather Lee Farrell
I work with individuals around the world creating exceptional wellness while building resilience of body and mind. I am re-imagining healthcare and wellness services to offer you access from anywhere in the world supplemented by in-person options. In addition, I am creating new ways of approaching wellness by melding together skills in healthcare, wellness, creative and nature-based work.
I practice healthcare through an integrative lens. I blend Functional Medicine with holistic practices like Oriental Medicine and Nutrition while weaving lifestyle wellness modalities throughout as everything in our lives matters. I employ evidence-based methods that work. This allows me to offer personalized comprehensive healthcare that produces the results you want. You focus on working with yourself, not just on yourself.
Together, we turn challenging health and wellness issues into a strategically designed health-promoting program. As a bonus, I also offer you some of the same innovative methods that I used to regain optimal health and wellness after about four years of full-time recovery, surgeries, and therapeutic work.
Read below about my wellness and healthcare education, knowledge and skill areas:
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine: Various forms of acupuncture. Chinese Herbalism, Oriental Medicine nutrition, acupressure, cupping, guasha, ear acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, osteo-manipulation, qigong, Feng shui, breath work, Shiatsu, Tuina, basic Ayurveda training, and Ayurvedic Herbalism.
- Functional Medicine Practitioner: A whole system biology-based approach to determine the root cause of disease and health issues using laboratory testing, modern and traditional methods. (The best of both worlds!)
- Nutrition: Foods for specific health needs, Food as Medicine (Culinary Medicine) Meal Planning, Fasting, Cleansing protocols, Green Powders, Smoothies and tea concoctions, Optimal body weight: Weight loss and gain, Supplements & Nutraceuticals, Performance and Biohacking, optimal aging, Nutritional lab testing, and coaching.
- Laboratory Testing: Nutritional, Healthcare focused, Optimal Wellness focused testing via a local to you laboratory or home-based testing.
Lifestyle Medicine & Wellness
- Sleep Health & Wellness, Drug-free Pain and Discomfort Management, Creating Resilience, Home Wellness, Essential Oils, Botanical and Herbal Medicine, Light, Frequency and Bio-Magnetic Therapies (PEMF, Full-spectrum Infrared, Frequency-based light therapies), Cold thermogenesis, pulse oximetry, nootropics, heat training, adaptogens, heart rate variability.
Heath and Mindset Coaching
- Mindset & Perspective coaching, Life Coaching, Health & Wellness Coaching, Nutrition Therapy Coaching, Resilient You program, challenge & transition, productivity protocols, Creating supportive habits, Crafting and designing your envisioned life (dream life).
Yoga, Breath, and Movement
- Yoga: Trauma-informed, E-RYT 500 hr. teacher, General Hatha yoga, Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Therapeutic, Restorative, Prenatal and Postnatal, Sun Salutations, 5 Tibetan Rites teacher training and master class, Yoga for Athletes, yoga in nature, Body positive yoga. Accessible Yoga Ambassador, iREST, community-based yoga programs
- Breathwork & Meditation: Breathwork& Meditation for Everyone, breath awareness, breathing for performance, breathing for calm & relaxation, breathwork and meditation for wellness, Vipassana Meditation
- Movement & Fitness: I use an innovative approach combining modalities resulting in effective, accessible programs: Natural movement, Functional fitness, Myofascial techniques via The Roll Model Method, Personal Trainer education, Optimal Body Capacity (weight loss or weight gain).
Nature & Wilderness
- Forest Bathing: Forest & Nature Therapy, Outdoor Wellness, wilderness guiding, Wellness and Mindset Coaching for outdoor activities and adventure, Meditation in Nature, Free Range Human Adventures
Relevant Past Experience and Community-based Work
- Community Yoga Albuquerque (founder), Child Advocates, Inc, Dispute Resolution Center, Harris County, Harris County Peer Mediation Program, Coordinator of Pending Guardianship Program in Harris County Social Services Department, Houston Independent School District, Bryan Independent School District, Acupuncturists Without Borders, Dwyer Avenue Center (a transitional living center for homeless families), High Desert Yoga teacher and studio director.
Current Memberships and Community-based Support:
- Memberships: Accessible Yoga, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Friends of the Sandia Mountains, Association of Forest and Nature Therapy, New Mexico Public Health Association, Albuquerque Wildlife Federation, Yoga Service Council, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, American Public Health Association, American Long Distance Hiking Association, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Outdoor Woman's Alliance, Walk with a Doc, International Association of Yoga Therapists, Friends of the Earth, Team Yoga Girl and Global Tea Hut
- Supporter: The Earth, Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, The Wilderness Society, Anti-Racism Daily, CTZNWell, Burque Against Racism, Intersectional Environmentalism.com, Albuquerque Community Foundation, Continental Divide Trail Coalition, Color of Change, Trans Yoga Project, SheJumps, Body Positive Fitness, Yoga for All, The Art of Yoga Project, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Extinction Rebellion
Create Nourishing Healthy Sleep
Enter your name and email address to receive my top tips for creating nourishing healthy sleep.