Dr. Heather Lee Farrell
Create optimal outcomes for an exceptional life
I purposefully approach healthcare and wellness by melding together a wide range of skills in healthcare, lifestyle wellness, creative works, movement & stillness, and nature-based work.
I believe that everything in our life matters and impacts our health. Thus, I created a simple yet comprehensive system consisting of my Six Pillars of Health and Wellness that are foundational to creating an exceptional life, thriving resilience, and optimal-for-you wellness.
- Resilient Wellness and Health
- Your Mindset & Envisioned Life
- Breath, Stillness and Relaxation
- Experience Nature and Wilderness
- Embodied Movement and Activity
- Creative Expression and Process
I work with individuals around the world creating exceptional wellness while building resilience of body and mind
I practice healthcare through a focused integrative lens weaving lifestyle wellness modalities throughout. This allows me to offer personalized comprehensive healthcare with transformational coaching that produces the outcomes you want. I bring in the wellness of nature through Forest Bathing, guided wilderness excursions, and other practices in nature. I know that movement and stillness are truly their own form of medicine and offer you practical breathwork, natural movement, embodied mediation, and yoga practices tailored to work for you.
I employ evidence-based methods that work
My wellness and healthcare education, knowledge, and skill areas:
Healthcare Focus Areas
- Functional Medicine Practitioner: A whole system biology-based approach to determine the root cause of disease and health issues using laboratory testing, modern and traditional methods. (The best of both worlds!)
- Nutrition & Food Medicine: Foods for specific health needs, Food as Medicine (Culinary Medicine) Meal Planning, Fasting Protocols, Cleansing protocols, Green Powders, Smoothies and Wellness Tea concoctions, Optimal body weight: loss and gain, Supplements & Nutraceuticals, Performance and Biohacking, Longevity and Optimal Aging, Nutritional lab testing, Nutritional Therapy, and Coaching.
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine: Chinese Herbalism, Oriental Medicine nutrition, various acupuncture methods, acupressure, cupping, Guasha, ear acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, osteo-manipulation, qigong, Feng shui, breath work, Shiatsu, Tuina, basic Ayurveda training, and Ayurvedic Herbalism.
- Medical-Grade Microneedling and Professional Therapeutic Microcurrent: For body and skin trauma, scar tissue care, optimal aging, and rejuvenation. I am certified in Medical Microneedling as well as professional level certification in the use of Microcurrent. With also being skilled in acupuncture, I developed a unique protocol that combines the modalities of Medical Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy), Microcurrent, and Acupuncture! Learn more about how Medical Microneedling paired with Microcurrent and Acupuncture is an optimal treatment. I am dedicated to offerings this as these modalities helped me recover from facial, jaw, and skin trauma in an exceptional way.
- Laboratory Testing: Nutritional, Healthcare focused, Optimal Wellness focused testing via a local to you laboratory or home-based testing.
Lifestyle Medicine & Wellness
- Sleep Health & Wellness, Drug-free Pain and Discomfort Management, Home Wellness, Essential Oils, Botanical and Herbal Medicine, Light, Frequency and Bio-Magnetic Therapies (PEMF, Full-spectrum Infrared, Frequency-based light therapies), Cold thermogenesis, pulse oximetry, nootropics, heat training, adaptogens, heart rate variability, Creating Resilience through Wellness
Wellness & Heath and Mindset Coaching
- Mindset & Perspective coaching, Health & Wellness Coaching, Nutrition Therapy Coaching, Challenge & Transition, Productivity protocols, Creating Supportive Habits, Crafting and Designing your Envisioned Life (dream life coaching).
Breathwork and Deep Relaxation
- Breathwork: Breathwork with Meditation: Embodied and Somatic, breath awareness, breathing for performance, breathing for calm & relaxation, breathwork for wellness
- Meditation: Wellness focused meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Somatic, and Embodied practices
- Deep Relaxation Techniques: Therapeutic restorative practice, iREST, Somatic and Embodied practices
Yoga and Movement
- Yoga: All forms of yoga that I guide are Trauma-informed, Somatic, and Embodied. E-RYT 500 hr. teacher with 25-years of experience, General Hatha yoga, Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Prenatal and Postnatal, Sun Salutations, 5 Tibetan Rites, Yoga for Athletes, yoga in nature, Body positive yoga. Accessible Yoga Ambassador, community-based yoga programs
- Movement & Fitness: I use an innovative approach combining modalities resulting in effective, accessible programs: Natural movement, Somatic Movement, Functional fitness and training Education, Myofascial techniques via The Roll Model Method, Optimal Body Capacity (weight loss or weight gain).
Nature & Wilderness
- Forest Bathing: Forest & Nature Therapy, Outdoor Wellness, wilderness guiding, Walking and Trekking, Wellness and Mindset Coaching for outdoor activities and adventure, Meditation in Nature, Free Range Human Adventures(founder) , Walking into Wild (Wilderness Excursions), Still in Wild (Nature Meditation), Waking up to Wild (Forest Bathing hiking events)
- Writing, Artwork, Poetry, Walking into Wild (book), Today, I Begin Again (book), Creativity and Healing
Relevant Past Experience and Community-based Work
- Community Yoga Albuquerque (founder), Child Advocates, Inc, Dispute Resolution Center, Harris County, Harris County Peer Mediation Program, Coordinator of Pending Guardianship Program in Harris County Social Services Department, Houston Independent School District, Bryan Independent School District, Acupuncturists Without Borders, Dwyer Avenue Center (a transitional living center for homeless families), High Desert Yoga teacher and studio director.
Current Memberships and Community-based Support:
- Memberships: Accessible Yoga, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Friends of the Sandia Mountains, Association of Forest and Nature Therapy, New Mexico Public Health Association, Albuquerque Wildlife Federation, Yoga Service Council, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, American Public Health Association, American Long Distance Hiking Association, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Outdoor Woman’s Alliance, Walk with a Doc, International Association of Yoga Therapists, Friends of the Earth, Team Yoga Girl and Global Tea Hut
- Supporter: The Earth, Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, The Wilderness Society, Anti-Racism Daily, CTZNWell, Burque Against Racism, Intersectional Environmentalism.com, Albuquerque Community Foundation, Continental Divide Trail Coalition, Color of Change, Trans Yoga Project, SheJumps, Body Positive Fitness, Yoga for All, The Art of Yoga Project, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Extinction Rebellion