Dr. Heather Lee Farrell
Create optimal outcomes for an exceptional life
I purposefully approach healthcare and wellness by melding together a wide range of skills in healthcare, lifestyle wellness, creative works, movement & stillness, and nature-based work. Thus, I practice healthcare through a focused integrative lens weaving lifestyle wellness modalities throughout. This allows me to offer personalized healthcare and wellness with transformational coaching that creates outcomes you want.
I believe that everything in our life matters and impacts our health. Thus, I created a simple yet comprehensive system consisting of my Seven Pillars of Health and Wellness that are foundational to creating an exceptional life, thriving resilience, and optimal-for-you wellness.
- Resilient Wellness and Health
- Mindset, Soul & Envisioned Life
- Breath, Stillness and Relaxation
- Experience Nature and Wilderness
- Embodied Movement and Activity
- Creative Expression
- Connection & Community
My Education, Knowledge Areas, and Skills:
Healthcare Focus Areas
- Functional Medicine Practitioner: A whole system biology-based approach to determine the root cause of disease and health issues using laboratory testing, modern and traditional methods. (The best of both worlds!)
- Nutrition & Food Medicine: Foods for specific health needs, Food as Medicine (Culinary Medicine) Meal Planning, Fasting Protocols, Cleansing protocols, Green Powders, Smoothies and Wellness Tea concoctions, Optimal body weight: loss and gain, Supplements & Nutraceuticals, Performance and Biohacking, Longevity and Optimal Aging, Nutritional lab testing, Nutritional Therapy, and Coaching. Learn More
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture: Chinese Herbalism, Oriental Medicine nutrition, various acupuncture methods, acupressure, cupping, Guasha, ear acupuncture, Electro-acupuncture, osteo-manipulation, qigong, Feng shui, breath work, Shiatsu, Tuina, basic Ayurveda training, and Ayurvedic Herbalism. Learn More
- Medical-Grade Microneedling, Facial and Skin-System Wellness: For body, facial and skin trauma, scar tissue care, optimal aging & longevity, and rejuvenation. Skills and Education: Medical Microneedling (Collagen Induction Therapy) certification and training. Professional level Microcurrent certification. Facial acupuncture and acupressure methods. Essential oils for skin care. Facial massage techniques. Facial Yoga and Exercise education (Study with The Face Yoga Method, Happy Face Yoga, The Face Gym, Face Works, The Face Yoga Expert, Facetoned method, and Luminous Face Yoga.) Specialized facial (and body) Gua Shua studies with the Komorebi Institute.
I developed a unique protocol that combines the above Seven Pillars of Health and Wellness! Learn more about how Medical Microneedling paired with Microcurrent and Acupuncture is an optimal treatment.
- Laboratory Testing: Nutritional, Healthcare focused, Optimal Wellness focused testing via a local to you laboratory or home-based testing.
Lifestyle Medicine & Wellness
- Sleep Health & Wellness, Drug-free Pain and Discomfort Management, Home Wellness, Essential Oils, Botanical and Herbal Medicine, Light, Frequency and Bio-Magnetic Therapies (PEMF, Full-spectrum Infrared, Frequency-based light therapies), Cold thermogenesis, pulse oximetry, nootropics, heat training, adaptogens, heart rate variability, Creating Resilience through Wellness
Wellness & Heath and Mindset Coaching
- Mindset & Perspective coaching, Health & Wellness Coaching, Nutrition Therapy Coaching
- Special Programs and Focus areas in: Challenge & Transition, Creating Supportive Habits, Crafting and Designing your Envisioned Life, Health & Wellness
Breathwork and Deep Relaxation
- Breathwork: Breathwork with Meditation: Embodied and Somatic, breath awareness, breathing for performance, breathing for calm & relaxation, breathwork for wellness
- Meditation: Wellness focused meditation, Vipassana Meditation, Somatic, and Embodied practices, stillness while moving
- Deep Relaxation Techniques: Therapeutic restorative practice, iREST, Somatic and Embodied practices
Yoga and Movement
- Yoga: All forms of yoga that I guide are Trauma-informed, Somatic, and Embodied. E-RYT 500 hr. teacher with 25-years of experience, General Hatha yoga, Deep Relaxation Yoga Nidra, Yin Yoga, Prenatal and Postnatal, Sun Salutations, 5 Tibetan Rites, Yoga for Athletes, yoga in nature, Body positive yoga. Accessible Yoga Ambassador, community-based yoga programs
- Movement & Fitness: I use an innovative approach combining modalities resulting in effective, accessible programs: Natural movement, Somatic Movement, Functional fitness and training Education, Myofascial techniques via The Roll Model Method, Optimal Body Capacity (weight loss or weight gain).
Nature & Wilderness
- Forest Bathing: Forest & Nature Therapy, Outdoor Wellness, wilderness guiding, Walking and Trekking, Wellness and Mindset Coaching for outdoor activities and adventure, Meditation in Nature, Free Range Human Adventures(founder) , Walking into Wild (Wilderness Excursions), Still in Wild (Nature Meditation), Waking up to Wild (Forest Bathing hiking events)
- Writing, Artwork, Poetry, Walking into Wild (book), Today, I Begin Again (book), Creativity and Healing
Relevant Past Experience and Community-based Work
- Community Yoga Albuquerque (founder), Child Advocates, Inc, Dispute Resolution Center, Harris County, Harris County Peer Mediation Program, Coordinator of Pending Guardianship Program in Harris County Social Services Department, Houston Independent School District, Bryan Independent School District, Acupuncturists Without Borders, Dwyer Avenue Center (a transitional living center for homeless families), High Desert Yoga teacher and studio director.
Current Memberships and Community-based Support:
- Memberships: Accessible Yoga, American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Friends of the Sandia Mountains, Association of Forest and Nature Therapy, New Mexico Public Health Association, Albuquerque Wildlife Federation, Yoga Service Council, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, American Public Health Association, American Long Distance Hiking Association, American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Outdoor Woman’s Alliance, Walk with a Doc, International Association of Yoga Therapists, Friends of the Earth, Team Yoga Girl and Global Tea Hut
- Supporter: The Earth, Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice, The Wilderness Society, Anti-Racism Daily, CTZNWell, Burque Against Racism, Intersectional Environmentalism.com, Albuquerque Community Foundation, Continental Divide Trail Coalition, Color of Change, Trans Yoga Project, SheJumps, Body Positive Fitness, Yoga for All, The Art of Yoga Project, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Extinction Rebellion